Utah Risk Management Agency (URMA)
The Utah Risk Management Agency (URMA) is seeking an experienced attorney to provide claims and litigation services. This is an exempt, at-will position reporting to the Executive Director. Position is open until filled. First review of applications will be May 30, 2022
Must submit application, cover letter and resume.
Provides a wide range of legal services in support of URMA and its individual members, focused primarily on claims and litigation matters. Represents, URMA and its members on claims and litigation matters. Reviews, provides direction and recommendations on how to best handle specific claims and litigation. Consults with members, outside counsel, claims adjusters and URMA staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Receives and reviews submitted claims, litigation, and other legal documents.
• Conducts legal research and analysis in support of assigned matters.
• Provides consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice on claims and litigation matters to members.
• Identifies and secures evidence in support of preparing cases for court.
• Subrogates against defendants related to claims matters.
• Reads, interprets, and applies laws, rules, regulations and polices.
• Writes and drafts correspondence, reports, legal and other written documents.
• Prepares and submits legal documents related to claims and litigation matters.
• Conducts conferences with claimants, attorneys, and members to negotiate settlements.
• Represents URMA and its members in comt, and depositions.
• Represents URMA and its members in formal and infonnal hearings, and depositions.
• Coordinates claims and litigation matters with URMA staff and members.
• Effectively communicates verbally and in writing.
• Actively supports members and agency staff, articulates the agency positions to others.
• Maintains an effective working relationship with members and URMA staff.
• Makes presentations and represents the agency as directed in a professional manner.
• Operates a wide variety of modern office equipment.
• Occasionally attends evening and weekend meetings or events as needed.
• Limited travel, usually with the State of Utah.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Juris Doctorate degree.
• Current membership and admission to the Utah State Bar.
• 5 years of experience in litigation.
• Experience in general liability and insurance claims and litigation.
• Understanding of or experience in insurance law.
• Understanding of and or experience in municipal legal claims.
Must submit application, cover letter and resume. Position is open until filled. First review of applicaitons will be May 20, 2022.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Negotiable within range.
Excellent Benefits Package:
• Paid time off
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Life insurance
• Retirement program
• IRA contributions
• Wellness program